The school party went great with the exception of the fact that Emma cried because they wouldn't let her have any frosting on her gluten free cupcake because they thought it would have gluten in it. FYI, most frostings do not have flour in them.
I ran my race (the word race being used loosely. I was just trying to finish the dang thing). It was a blast! I really wanted to have a goal to work toward while my husband was away and this was great. I ran it with two other women whose husbands are deployed with mine. We ran through Sundance, Robert Redford's resort...so beautiful.
Oh yeah, we ran it in costume! We were all fairies...
My parents handled dosing Emma at her first birthday party and I dealt with the second one. Trick-or-treating went much better this year due to the pump! I had forgotten that we were on MDI last year and it was sooooo much easier to control this year! Hooray!
Yeah! Sounds like a wonderful success...glad you had fun at your run, too!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE you costume!!!! I can't imagine running a race, let alone with wings. Wait, maybe the wings would help? ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything worked out and you were able to put another 'notch' in the belt of "Whew, at least THAT is over"
And, Emma is a cutie patootie
Wonderful! I'm so glad all went well! Love the costume!
ReplyDeleteOk...how did I miss this post?! You in the fairy costume running??? I could barely run it without a damn costume on. Did the wings bother you?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that the w/e worked out AND so proud of you and the race...in the costume. I think I would have ripped my wings off going up that last hill in my 1/2...I wouldn't want the drag. LOL.
Love ya girl!!!
Trying to catch up on blogs and just now read this. Congrats on the race!!!! I love that you ran in costume! :)
ReplyDeleteHi! I saw you post somewhere else today and thought I would pop over and say hello!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys are doing okay! : )
We think you are great! And so are these costumes.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if you would you be interested in sharing your articles with other like- minded individuals to educate, inform and converse with those living with Diabetes.
We are building an online community containing links to informative articles about the issues around Diabetes.
If you are interested and want to learn more about this, please send an email to info@atomicreach.com
Thanks,
Anne