I can provide a gluten-free diet that is also suitable for a child with diabetes.
My mantra for the day. Perhaps if I keep repeating it I will feel more confidant! Emma had her procedure yesterday and she does have Celiac Disease. I really am feeling OK about it because I was pretty sure she had it so I was sad a couple of weeks ago and now I just feel ready to get on with it already. It actually feels really good to know that she went the whole day today without eating something that has been hurting her body this whole time and we just didn't know it.
Can I say that I love the nurses and anesthesiologist that helped us yesterday? I told them that she really freaked out last time she had to get an IV (five people holding her down while she hyperventilated and two weeks post IV still complaining of pain in her hand and 8+ months of talking about it afterward)and could they please do something to make it easier for her? They gave her an anti-anxiety medicine first and she got really loopy and only feebly protested when they came in to start her IV. She kept asking me why she couldn't sit up and saying, "Look! There's two sinks!" while looking at the one sink in the room - she was so sweet. She had a pretty tough time waking up from the anesthesia but once she got her hands on a root beer slushee and we turned on "Up" she was good to go.
The whole drive home she kept saying, "I just don't know why they gave me that sleeping medicine," and "I wish I wasn't allergic to gluten."
No comments:
Post a Comment