In her bedtime prayers tonight Emma informed Heavenly Father that her family wants her to be "perftict" (perfect), and not diagnosed with diabetes." Is she trying to make me cry?
Keystone First Denial - Fighting Back Part 2
6 years ago
Life with a child with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease...
Aw. I've looked through some of your posts. The first year is tough and you're almost through it. As long as she know that you know that she is perfect just the way she is, all will be okay.
ReplyDeleteWe still have moments like this occasionally. Just the other day I was in Caleb's school for Junior Achievement and the topic was "needs" v. "wants". I asked the kids to give me an example of something they want. Well of course skate boards, Wii games, tire swings, all this fun stuff were most of the answers. I called on Caleb and completely expected something like "90 new Nintendo DS games", but he said, "a cure for type 1 diabetes". "Okay, nice choice, who's next?" But of course talking about it after with his school nurse, it was more solemn.