Thursday, June 10, 2010

At least this time I'm not knocked up....

I'm a little MIA these days. Naturally, Jonny has been away, because when is he really here? (Does that sound bitter? I might be a little bit bitter.)And now he is home but works crazy hours and we are lucky to see him for a few minutes each day. I am proud of him and his hard work! The kids have been having a really hard time though. I can tell they just never know if he is going to be here or gone and they cry for him a lot and that breaks my heart.

So in addition to managing the household and the munchkins I am trying to pack up for our big move which is just about 8 days away. By myself. Our last couple of moves were completely handled by a moving company and I am thinking that is definitely the way to go! However, since this one is just across town we are doing it ourselves. It kind of pains me to think of how many piddling little loads I've driven across town to my parent's house. Certainly not the most efficient, but it's what I can do right now!

My sweet parents. I am worried about adding more gray hairs to their heads as we descend upon them once again. They are empty nesters and here I come with my three little wild animals! How great are they for always taking us in? But, as the title declares, at least I'm not knocked up this time!

The first time Jonny left for training Emma was one and I was pregnant with M. We still had our house but I stayed with my parents until we moved to California. Then when we moved back from California and Jonny left for training again Emma was 3, M was 1 and I was pregnant with S. I swear my parents' neighbors must think Jonny is some kind of dirtbag...gets me pregnant and runs away every time! =)

Hopefully we'll be settled in happily in a couple of weeks and hopefully I will not be as crazy as I have in times past as my cute parents will be there to lend a hand and hopefully help fill some of the void for my little ones while Jonny is away.

Hope.

The word of the day...

8 comments:

  1. UGH! I can't even stand the thought of moving....every time, we swear it'll be the last....yet I'm not so sure.

    Good luck and keep up the great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear! It's not easy only seeing your hubby a few minutes or hours a day...I have been there. I know it is hard, but I'm sure your parents will supply the much needed company and extra help you need. Maybe so much so, you'll be blogging all the time!! Hope the move goes as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL about not being knocked up. But my biggest fear was accidentally getting "knocked up" while we lived at my parents house for 5 months. Something about that would have been oh so wrong! :P Thankfully this little oops happened after we moved out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is the worst! Good luck with it all and I hope that it all goes well for you, I know how difficult moving can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try to pause now and then and take a breath. Hug the kids. Smell their hair.
    Moving is hugley stressful but let others help you when you can. People like to be needed. I wish we were all around to help out. WHat an amazing bunch of movers us D-Moms would make. We could rule the world! You can do this. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dear!!! I am sooooo feeling your pain. I just went through this hell of moving you speak of. Although, my husband is around...at night. But the packing is tedious...the moving exhausting...the unpacking tedious...and then you have D in the mix...along with like "Regular" life. I just got a horrible flash-back writing all of that.

    I am proud of you for focusing on the positive - the "at least you are not knocked-up this time" - too funny.

    xoxo...happy moving. I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck! I hope it all goes smoothly for you! I hate moving! And I can't imagine doing it with no husband to help, 3 kids and D. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving is never fun, but I hope it goes GREAT! Your husband is blessed to have you! : )

    By the way, thank you for all the encouragement you always give me! It means so much!!

    ReplyDelete