In March little S and I got a nasty stomach bug and were pretty much puking non stop. My husband was leaving in a few days for a big work trip and was trying to stay away from us so he didn't get sick too. We went to bed that night and I told him to pray that Emma didn't get it.
We prayed, but it was not to be. She woke up in the night throwing up and didn't stop all the next morning and her keytones kept going up. After a few phone calls to the diabetes nurse she told me I needed to take her to the hospital. I loaded all 3 kids in the car with my pukey unshowered self and we were off to the ER. I felt so frustrated and wished she didn't have to go through this. She was still terrified of getting an IV from the time she was diagnosed and cried at the mere mention of going to the hospital.
After spending the day there getting rehydrated and stabilized we went home. And I really didn't think much about it until this past weekend. When Emma woke up in the night throwing up and naturally my husband is gone, my parents and siblings that live here were out of town and again I was thinking, "WHY?! Why her? Why when I am alone?!"
And then I remembered that the good doctor in the ER back in March had sent us home with a prescription for an anti nausea pill that could stop the puking. Hallelujah! A couple of doses of that and she was good to go. She had no appetite for a few days but her keytones stayed in the normal range. Now we are fighting the post puking lows, but it didn't turn into a big "thing." Now I am so grateful that she did get sick in March when my husband and family were here to help us. So that we could get the medicine that would control things when they weren't here to help. It was such a good reminder to me to not question God and that sometimes the things that seem so hard at the time are really blessings in disguise.
Keystone First Denial - Fighting Back Part 2
6 years ago
I've had a few of those type of moments in my life. I just love how God works. Glad things worked out and that she is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing! I'm so glad you remembered the perscription!!
ReplyDeleteHooray! We got a prescription for an anti nausea drug after Addison had a GI bug a couple of years ago. It scared the pants off of me and I wanted to be prepared the next time. Why don't they include this kind of drug in our start up D prescriptions? They should!! It would save all us parents a heapload of stress. Glad to hear it worked out. I just refilled my prescription recently to make sure I have an up to date supply just in case of emergency!!
ReplyDeleteAwww what a great post and what a powerful display of the power in positive thinking!! Thanks for the lesson!
ReplyDeleteGod is so good! You are so awesome to give Him the glory! : )
ReplyDeleteYou are such a trooper Amanda! And please, when you need help or a friend or a ride or a sitter, PLEASE gimme a call. Let me know if you want my number.
ReplyDelete