We are getting ready to go on a trip to visit my sister in Texas - to chase away the blues from saying good-bye to this handsome devil for a flipping YEAR.
I am trying to pack and have to keep fighting the urge to pack an INSANE amount of diabetes supplies...just in case. Does anybody else find themselves doing this? And after reading Reyna's account of her recent trip, I am a little apprehensive about our first airplane trip post dx. Wish us luck!
PS My little 3 year old told me he didn't need to fly on an airplane to Texas. He would just use his cape. 'Cause he is Superman.
Keystone First Denial - Fighting Back Part 2
6 years ago
What a cute pic :) I can't imagine Anthony being gone a year... 3 months has been his longest time away from home.
ReplyDeleteBut I bet it will fly by... time always does right?
BTW~ SUPERMAN and his cape are too cute :) Kids are so funny.
He is Super Man!! What a cutie patootie!!
ReplyDeleteA whole year?! My heart breaks for you, I know it must be SO hard!!
You are going to rock this flight SUPER MOM!!! have a great trip!!
Wow, a whole year! I can't imagine. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this time will pass quickly.
ReplyDeleteI have the utmost respect for military families. We did it for a short time and I learned so much about the real sacrifice that most people don't see. Day in and day out. Thank you both for your service to our country and the sacrifices that you as a family make so we can all know the freedoms we have today.
Have a great time with your sister!
HAVE FUN!!! And, I am with the others in thanking your husband and you as a family for the sacrifices made by all of you for all of us.
ReplyDeleteAND...YES...I always travel with DOUBLE of everything...even an EXTRA GLUCOMETER. I had a glucometer BREAK at midnight in BFE...with NO OPEN pharmacy in the area...Maybe I should blog about that one, it too is a good story.
LOVE YOU!
Wow... a whole year? I want to go hide in a closet from the mere thought of it!
ReplyDeleteWhere in Texas are you going to be? There's a few of us that live in the DFW area... any chance you'll be close by???
A whole year! Wow! You can do it - D moms can do anything! I always pack extra everything when we fly.... Just in case!
ReplyDeleteOh! Your son is adorable with his superman comment. Love. It.
ReplyDeleteTell your husband "thank you" for his service and sacrifice. And quite frankly, you're sacrificing too, so thank you as well.
Good luck with the trip! We've only done a 2-night trip with diabetes. I was so worried, I took enough stuff to last a week! LOL
A year...I cannot imagine! That must be tough, but us D-moms are some tough cookies so I know that you will get through this.
ReplyDeleteAs far as packing D-supplies...I always pack lots of stuff even if I am out for a day, I tend to go to the what-ifs a lot and prefer to have too much then not enough!!!
Good luck with your trip and I hope you have a wonderful time :)
GREAT idea with the Target magnets! I haven't seen those, but I'll be looking this week! Thanks! : )
ReplyDeleteYikes, a year! I feel for you. I know that's hard, especially with three little ones. Lots of respect and admiration and a big thank you to you and your husband for the sacrifices you're making for the rest of us!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're having a wonderful time in Texas and the blues are long gone!