Just like that the day I have been dreaming of and whining that it never would come is here. Emma is apparently out of - or coming out of? - the blasted honeymoon phase.
Two weeks ago her insulin:carb ratio was 1:50, one week ago we switched it to 1:40 and now it is 1:25. And she is still having some crazy highs here and there. I try not to think of how high she has been over the past few weeks and the damage that could be doing to her body.
I'm just hoping that this will give us even a teensy bit more predictability as to what her insulin needs may be.
And then I have a twinge of guilt when I think of her last little pancreatic cells sputtering along, giving us their best little efforts. Clearly I need professional help...
Keystone First Denial - Fighting Back Part 2
6 years ago
Charlotte is battling highs and it's making me feel really guilty. I'm raising everything little by little, but I still can't get her down.
ReplyDeleteGreat description of the beta cells "sputtering"...tiring out. Hang in there...it will be nice to have more "predictability" with what to expect from the numbers. Sorry that you have to go through it though.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying that God will protect her little body from damage.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are staying on top of it.
You're a good mom! : )
Oh I HATED the honeymoon period! I was so glad when it was over, at least then I knew what to expect...most of the time ;)
ReplyDelete